WELCOME!!!

Since our retirement several years ago, we have
been on the move almost continuously: sailing Live Now, long distance hiking, and taking extensive road trips (therapy hasn't helped). We established this Blog to share our small adventures with family and friends and, as our aging memories falter, remind ourselves of just how much fun we're having. We hope you enjoy it. Your comments and questions are greatly appreciated. Our reports here are mostly true except in those cases where there is no way for others to verify the actual facts.



Some Fairly Good Days

On Saturday, July 3, we drove over to Muir Woods.  Being the Saturday of July 4 weekend, it was really crowded, so we drove on past and found Muir Beach, which was almost deserted.  We took our chairs, a picnic, our books and sat on the beach and read all day.

On Sunday, July 4, I woke up fine, but after some juice I got really sick.  I'm a bundle of fun.  And, here it is a holiday.  We spent the day in the hotel watching the history channel.  I was able to eat pizza for dinner.

On Monday, July 5, I was better, so we checked out of the hotel in El Cerrito and got a campsite at China Camp, outside San Rafael.  Then, we went to the Marin County Fair, which was absolutely great!  We saw the 4 Tops, the Temptations, a really good art show, all the animals, dressage, ate junk food.  All my favorite stuff.  However, the gods were not content to let me have a perfect day, so on the way out of the fairgrounds, I tripped on a piece of unfinished concrete and fell flat on my face.  Skinned my face up something terrible (I will not share that picture.), hurt my hand and crushed my chest.  I did not break my fall at all.  Couldn't believe I didn't break my nose.  To top it all off, when we got back to the campground, they had locked the gates and John had to hike in and ask the not-too-happy camp manager to let us in.  Oh, well, it was still a great fair.

The next day we spent in camp, just relaxing and allowing me to heal some.  I had a hard time sleeping, because I was so sore.  Had a nice campfire that evening.  While we were sitting around the campfire, here comes a raccoon and climbs right up on our picnic table to see what we had.  We also saw deer, a coyote, 5 pileated woodpeckers  and a family of wild turkeys. 



2 comments:

Ultra Llama said...

Lol, the racoon didn't care that you guys were sitting right there huh?

Caleb
Yacht Basin

Ultra Llama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.