WELCOME!!!

Since our retirement several years ago, we have
been on the move almost continuously: sailing Live Now, long distance hiking, and taking extensive road trips (therapy hasn't helped). We established this Blog to share our small adventures with family and friends and, as our aging memories falter, remind ourselves of just how much fun we're having. We hope you enjoy it. Your comments and questions are greatly appreciated. Our reports here are mostly true except in those cases where there is no way for others to verify the actual facts.



Stifled by Snow

I left Joshua Tree around noon on Saturday, May 15, after just a wonderful 4-night stay.  I expected John to meet me at a rest stop along I-10, where the trail crosses the interstate, so I'm hanging out there, having a picnic, reading, and waiting.  But, about 2:30, John calls and says he is in Idylwild, still south of I-10.  Everyone on the trail had gotten off due to snow.  So, I finish my turkey sandwich and head back south to Idylwild, where I don't mind going at all because it is just such a beautiful little mountain village.  In fact, if I had to choose my favorite roads from the whole summer, they would be California state route 74 from Palm Desert to route 243 up to Idlywild.  You go through a mountain valley of horse ranches up through the mountains and ski resorts.  Not a bad way to spend a day.  I hooked up with John and we decided to get a room at the Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse, as it was supposed to be freezing that night.







Breakfast was served Sunday morning in a little basket to our door by the very friendly and helpful motel manager.  It was warm scones, homemade jam, fruit, juice and coffee.  We spent the rest of the day touring the town, enjoyed people watching and moved on to Dark Canyon campground for the evening.

No comments: